Rain, rain … don’t leave? While you may have gone to the shoreline for a brilliant and gleaming get-away, we have insider data on the most proficient method to have some good times when the mists come in.
“Kid, that is a test in bright Florida!” says FWB occupant Felicia McQuaid, proprietor of the Healing Clinic Downtown. “Stormy days are an awesome chance to interface with yourself and unwind.” (We wager that is the reason she proposed No. 3.)
So exchange your shoreline umbrella for the hand-held assortment, at that point get out and make the best of a soaked circumstance.
1. PLAY. When you can’t play in the sand, there are a lot of indoor open doors for gaming or fooling around. Get lunch, pet a gator and get your diversion on at Fat Daddy’s Arcade inside Fudpucker’s Okaloosa Island. Coming before long to Destin’s Bass Pro Shops is Uncle Buck’s Fish Bowl – a feasting and knocking down some pins encounter that may very well be your ‘daylight on an overcast day.’
2. LEARN. The Emerald Coast Science Center on Brooks Street Downtown is a fun place to collaborate with your children and find out about everything from movement to power to the human stomach related framework. Or then again, travel back in time at Fort Walton Beach Heritage Park and Cultural Center – where you can investigate a remade twentieth century school building and view an Indian Mound going back to the year 900 A.D.
3. Loosen up. On the off chance that the climate is worrying you, attempt a yoga class at Dragonfly Yoga or treat yourself to some all encompassing consideration, for example, rub or reiki treatment at the Healing Clinic, both strategically placed right finished the Brooks Bridge in Downtown FWB.
4. SHOP. Renounce the enormous box keepsake shops for neighborhood season. Downtown FWB is home to abundant craftsman diamond setters, clothiers and classical sanctuaries. Destin Commons has all your most loved stores, from culinary to couture. Also, Silver Sands Premier Outlets includes your most loved planner brands at every day rebates of up to 65 percent.
5. EAT. At the point when the going gets wet, whet your hunger! There are such a significant number of luscious spots to eat along the Emerald Coast. Attempt Downtown feasting or, for a really uncommon treat, head down the roadway to investigate the nearby pizazz of Scenic 30-A.
6. Fight ZOMBIES! (We are shockingly genuine.) At the 7D Movie Ride at HarborWalk Village, you can look over intuitive 3D motion pictures that join moving seats and reproduction impacts to make a 7D experience of engaging robots, privateers or zombies with a computer game ‘firearm’. “It’s difficult to clarify,” says long lasting Destin occupant Nicole Remele, who deals with the workplace for the Southern Star Dolphin and Buccaneer Pirate Cruises. “You simply need to encounter it … it’s an impact!” There is likewise a customary AMC Theater at Destin Commons, in the event that you simply need to kick back and appreciate the popcorn.
7. SET SAIL. Remele would be delinquent not to take note of that the Southern Star will journey in light rain. For those ready to overcome the components, the watercraft has a lot of cover, and also an atmosphere controlled lodge and drop-down walled in area on the upper deck.
8. GO WILD. The Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park is open seven days seven days, no matter what. You can seek shelter as you investigate the Living Sea show, with floor-to-roof seeing windows into a 50,000-gallon aquarium. There are likewise creature experiences in abundance, with ocean lions and stingrays and turtles … goodness my!
9. BE PAMPERED. Because the sun won’t sparkle, doesn’t mean you can’t! Complete your nails, have your hair styled or plan an out and out makeover to wow your family or companions back home. May we recommend Brava Hair Studio and Day Spa in Downtown FWB or Fusion Spa Salon, an Aveda Lifestyle Salon in Sandestin.
10. Make. While you’re gaining experiences, consider influencing a gift to masterpiece. Raise your glass and your paintbrush at The Emerald Cork, or paint your own particular earthenware at Fired Up.
Indeed, even the grayest day can be lovely. At the point when all else flops, simply take in the view. Discover comfort in the mists from the overhang or poolside bar of your beachfront lodging.